Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Glory in the Darkness

 A few weeks ago, at the end of an especially tiring day, I opened my front door and was stunned to behold a full rainbow, bold in color and dazzling in brilliance. I literally stopped breathing for a moment, then found myself smiling ear to ear.  While my neighborhood looks different than the one pictured here, the blackness of the sky was just about the same. Then it hit me. Without the darkness, I wouldn't see the glory. That is the lesson God is teaching me right now ... to look beyond what seems scary & unknown, to that which is certain and defined by His Word. He calls me to rejoice in the rainbow, choosing to let its radiance outshine the shadows of life's ever changing challenges.

"We walk by faith, not by sight. We are of good courage." 2 Cor. 5:7-8a

2 comments:

  1. Awesome insights from an awesome Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given a great reminder that a Believer's attention must be continually focused on the promises of God for encouragement and a faith boost.

    ReplyDelete